Are you concerned about public school takeovers?
Join with parents, students, educators and community members to stand up for public community schools that welcome, educate and succeed with all students!
Please join us for a
to STOP School Takeovers
Saturday, December 5, 2015
at MATC Downtown Campus (Directions)
Featuring speakers from Chicago’s Dyett School Hunger Strike and Keron Blair of The Alliance to Reclaim Our Schools
Bring a team from your school, church group, or community group! Parents, students, educators and community members are all welcome to attend.
Education organizers from Chicago and Milwaukee will talk with us about:
- Our country’s history of unequal educational opportunities for students of color – and why takeovers and privately-run charter and voucher schools are NOT the answer.
- Promoting community schools
- How parents, students, educators and community members can stand up against public school takeover attempts.
- How we can work with others in our schools and neighborhoods to build a strong, unstoppable movement for our children’s right to quality public schools.
Offered free with this event (you must RSVP to reserve):
- Spanish interpretation
- Children’s workshop (children must be potty trained)
Facebook event page can be found here
Stand up for the public schools our students deserve! Save the date!
Join us on Saturday, December 5th as students, parents, educators, and community allies collaborate to build a longterm strategy that both defeats the proposed Takeover of MPS, while also laying the groundwork for a new vision that embraces the successful public community schools model.
This meeting, which is being organized and planned by concerned MPS parents will both educate and activate those willing to take the necessary steps to reach these goals. Parents, educators, community members, students are all invited!
This event is being organized by Schools and Communities United. More details coming so check back on this page for updates.
Facebook event page is here.