On Monday, April 3, we would like to encourage parents, students, community members, educators, etc. to gather in front of one of their local public schools and encourage others to #GoPublic.
· Gather before school, after school, or whenever is most convenient for your community. This event could last as little as 10 minutes.
· Ask people to wear a pro-public school t-shirt (“I Love My Public School”, “Go Public”, etc.) or school spirit wear from your local school.
· Make a few signs to remind people that they have 2 important opportunities to speak up for public schools:
o Vote on April 4! State Superintendent of Public Instruction & local school boards
o April 5: Attend the JFC hearings and “People’s Tailgate” at State Fair Park (right now plans are shaping up to hold a Press Conference at 7 am and have an afternoon celebration from 4 – 6 pm that will include students, brats, hotdogs, 20 ft diameter parachutes, etc. There will be tents and tables in the parking lot all day that will serve as a homebase for people giving testimony and showing up to support public schools.)
· Capture photos for social media and post them on your platform; use the hashtags #GoPublic and #WIBudget2017.
Encourage community members to share the posts on social media as well
· Coordinate this effort with MPS and several suburban school districts to amplify our united message.
Send any photos taken to firstname.lastname@example.org.